Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 56 photo prep and squash

Today was a hard day to get a first completed. First I thought I would finish putting the puzzle together. After half an hour and maybe finding five pieces that fit, I decided that wasn't happening. Next I had bought some paint by numbers thinking that would be fun. Nope the paint was all dried up. Third time was the charm. I need to complete a flower quilt for my art group, FAC @ FAB. I wanted to use a technique I learned from Susan Brubaker Knapp. You take your photo, crop it and print it in color. Then print a black and white copy. This weekend I will take fabric and using the black and white copy draw the picture on my fabric. I use the color photo to paint the picture on my fabric. Here is my picture. I will post a picture if it works.


Today was a rough day in general for me (Taylor). I decided, again, that my first would involve food. Apparently I need to branch out. But I branched out and tried butternut squash and spaghetti squash. I'm not sure if I didn't cook the spaghetti squash enough but I thought it was truly horrible! The butternut squash wasn't awful but wasn't good either. I roasted it in the oven like a sweet potato. Just wasn't a fan of either. So my heathy dinner of chicken and 2 types of squash turned into chicken and Mac & Cheese. 



No comments:

Post a Comment