Friday, February 21, 2014

Day 52 Waffle House and pizza

Today's first was a "new" place to eat. We went and ate at the Waffle House. The last time I ate at one was Christmas sometime around 1998. The entire family went to the parent's house for the holiday. We barely got their before the ice storm hit. We were stuck inside for 2 or 3 days with no electricity. We had a gas fireplace so we stayed semi-warm and we had food it was just all cold. We were finally able to get out but the only place open was the Waffle House. My kids will tell you that is one of their favorite holiday memories. (Mine too).

I will definitely say mom is right. That's one of my favorite holidays. I remember snacking while sitting at a card table next to the fire playing cards. 

Tonight was a long night. Josh and I ventured to walmart to get a game and supplies to make pizza. I found a heart shaped pizza picture last week so we decided to make pizza and play games for our valentines night. Yes a week late but we finally made it out to get our supplies. Well, if you know josh it didn't turn out to be a short trip. We ended up buying about everything in the store. We didn't even end up with a game because we knew it would be a late night once we got home and made our dinner. My first: making homemade pizza with josh (who had his own first in makin homemade pizza) and making a heart shaped pizza. 

Here are a few pictures from our night. And yes, my husband is insane. 




No comments:

Post a Comment