Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Day 35 Show and Tell and chili

Tonight was my quilt guild meeting. At every meeting we have show and tell. I have been in the guild five years and I have never shown anything. Everything I make is very personal to me. Showing people something I have made is opening up my very soul to them and that is scary. On top of that I am an introvert. Putting myself and my "art" out to the public terrifies me. Tonight I showed off something I crocheted. I am more confident in my crocheting and fortunately the members of the guild appreciate all creative endeavors. Plus I have been crocheting longer than I have been quilting. I can put a quilt in a quilt show because I will not see people's reaction.
Here is my show and tell -


Just wanted to say I'm so proud of my Momma! She does absolutely amazing work and she doesn't show it off nearly enough! So proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone! 

Tonight, I (Taylor) opted to make a new chili recipe I've never made before. I took some notes from a few different recipes and then just winged it. I'll definitely say more spices for sure. I don't like hot foods but this had no real taste to it. It wasn't awful.... But nothing like Momma's! 

Just to throw it out there.. Here is a shot of my amazingly comfortable and adorable new TN sweatshirt!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment