Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day 39 Lots of first

Today was a day of lots of first. Too many to pick just one. A little back story. Jessica, Taylor's best friend and my other daughter, asked me and Marian a couple of years ago if we would be willing to take her Grandfather's clothes (he had passed away) and make some quilts for her family. We finally finished 7 quilt tops. Today we drove through Crossville, scooped up Mom and headed to Smithville. Taylor and Jess met us there at a Quilt Shop named Country Lane Quilts. They are going to quilt the quilts on their longarm machine. So "first" time to visit the shop. Then we went over to my Aunt Mary and Uncle Joe's house to visit. I spent most of the time talking to Uncle Joe. He turns 91 this month, was a German prisoner of war during World War II, and received a Purple Heart. He was telling me  some stories about his time in the war. The stories were amazing. I could have talked to him for hours. What an incredible opportunity to hear those memories. Another "first" - talking to a WWII veteran about his war experiences. Then we headed off to eat at The White Possum. Another first where I had a hamburger with white cheese queso, another first.  When we got back to Crossville, we visited The Yarn Shop, the final first of the day. It was a great day!

As you can tell, it was a busy day for us all. You could count all of Mom's firsts for the day (excluding making the quilts, hearing all of Uncle Joe's stories, visiting the yarn shop, and eating a burger with queso) as my firsts for the day. Guess that leaves me with visiting the yarn shop and eating at The White Possum. I had some yummy fried chicken fingers, green beans and Mac and cheese. It was a fun filled day for sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment