Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day 51 Instant message and tornado warnings

Today for me (Lynn) was another into technology. I heard from someone I work with, Lora about an instant message program our OIT office had available for us to use. Marian uses it. I suggested it to my boss. He wanted me to look into it. Well I asked around and decided the best way to find out about it was to download it, so I did and Lora did. I talked to Marian and Lora using it. It was fun.

I'm no stranger to tornado warnings since living in middle tennessee. My first tornado siren experience was my very first semester in college. I was terrified and headed to a friends apartment. I was outside walking to my car when it went off! Anyway back to tonight. I've been known to get in bathtubs with pillows and blankets as well as in our cramped pantry with the dog. Tonight, I hid out in the basement of the church as well as in a nursing room with about 15 kids and 10 other adults. Definitely an interesting experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment