Saturday, February 15, 2014

Day 46 Learn FileMaker and volunteering

My first today was trying to learn FileMaker. I am not sure it is anything I would ever use but it was interesting. I think Taylor's first will probably be better. I did go see Philamena. It was wonderful.

My (Taylor) first wasn't much better it just comes with a funny story. The best friend (Jess) said she was volunteering to work a 15k/5k hot chocolate run. So I said I would do it with her. After work such long hours at work I was exhausted. It was made worse by having to be up at 4:30am so we could be in Nash by 5:45am. Let me tell you... It was COLD! I had on workout pants long socks and jeans on the bottom half. I had 2 Brooks long sleeve running shirts, a thick sweatshirt, a hoodie we got for volunteering, a jacket and scarf as well as gloves. I think I finally warmed up around 3 this afternoon. 

We aren't great volunteers apparently.. We were assigned one job, decided we didn't want to do it and went on the hunt to volunteer at chocolate tent. We couldn't get in it to volunteer so we headed to the finish line to hand out water. Well 8:15am rolls around and we're frozen solid so we decided to leave early. We were supposed to be there until after 11. 

Here is a picture of Jess and I before the race started. 


No comments:

Post a Comment