Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 42 - hugging a stranger and Puzzle

Today at work (this is taylor) was a bit busy. Trying to make sure I've got everything ready for a few events and some orders on top of my usual tasks. I was ready to clock out and meet josh and his brother for dinner. I walked up front to clock out when I saw an older gentleman standing in front of a register with his wallet and a frown on his face. I asked him if he had been helped yet. He said "not yet but if I do can I get a hug?" I promptly replied with "if you let me take your order I would be more than happy to give you a hug!" So I took his order and after small talk about his wife I asked for his name. Without missing a beat he said "Willamina". I said "well Willamina, I'll put that down and we'll see the reaction of the person that brings your food to you." That person happened to be Justin (one of our managers). He had the most confused look on his face and I just started laughing. His face turned red as he realized who Willamina was. He didn't even say his name, just asked if that was his order. Once our guest had his order I promptly walked over and said "I owe Mr. Willamina a hug!" As I hugged him he said "I sure have had a rough day and you just made it better."

The moral of the story besides how much this gentleman made my day is that my first was hugging a complete stranger today. I hope that man realizes how much he brightened my mood tonight. Oh, and I LOVE my job :) 

Taylor's first was better than mine. That is the best part of doing this together, when my first isn't that great hers usually is. Plus it gives you ideas for future first. Hopefully I can run into Tom Mison and he can be my stranger hug.  ;) Okay my first today was putting together a puzzle. About an hour into it I realized why I had not done this since I was a kid...it's hard. I did take a picture of how far I got in two hours. I think you will be amazed.


Yeah, I know that's pathetic. Lol I will finish it. Maybe we will actually get the snow they are calling for and I will need something to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment