Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Day 43 Lowe's saga gets worse and chocolate banana pancakes

I (Lynn) am so mad. Let me start at the beginning. The University pays your December paycheck before our Christmas break. I was trying to be a good customer so I went ahead and paid my January bills. One of those bills was Lowes. We had put a lot of our house renovations on our credit card with them. So on December 30th, I paid our January payment. All is well I think until the end of January when I went to pay our February payment and learned that payment I made in December did not count toward January's payment. Lowe's now showed me owing two months. I called thinking this would be easy to fix - I paid early. They should be thrilled. Oh no. I was in trouble because I had not made my January payment. I spent over 30 minutes on the telephone that day and everyone I talked to said there was nothing they could do. I needed to make two payments. I hung up because I was promised a supervisor would call me. When no one had called me by the next day, I sent an email to Lowes itself and then called the credit card people. After another half hour I finally got them to agree to send me a check for my January payment so I could send it back to them as my payment. Later that day I got an email from Lowes saying they would be calling me. The next day I got a call from a collection agency because I had not made my January payment. I kid you not. I emailed Lowes again and immediately got a call from them saying they would straighten everything out. Today I get a letter in the mail from that collection agency asking for my lawyer's name so we could get the situation worked out. So my first today - a threatening letter from Lowes for a payment I made one day early! So if I can get to work tomorrow (where the contact information for the Lowes person is) I will be calling, again.

Tonight I (Tay) was craving pancakes so I went to a semi healthy website and found homemade chocolate banana pancakes. Made from scratch too! No mix or anything. They were very tasty I might add. 




No comments:

Post a Comment