Sunday, July 27, 2014

Day 208 Dog wash and new church

Today first was a lot of fun. My sister, Marian saw a place called Pop's Dog Wash while driving down Sutherland Avenue. We have trouble washing our very sweet but stubborn beagle. She has always hated baths. She tries to bite us the entire time and it kills us bending over the bathtub. It has reached the point where I cannot help. Today we took Salem to Pop's for her first visit. The bathing station is elevated so no bending over. Salem stood quietly and let us wash her. It was a great experience for all three of us. We will be going back for sure.


Today Josh and I tried out a new church. He had heard about it from a guy he worked with the night before. Josh was raised in a very southern baptist church and he heard this was similar to that. So he seemed pretty excited about it which made me excited about going. I don't think I was necessarily what either of us expected but something in the message spoke to me enough that during the alter call I got up in front of a big group of strangers and got saved. It was totally out of my comfort zone and to be honest a little embarrassing but I'm glad I did it. I'm not sure we'll go back to the church but at least we can say we've tried out another one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment