Saturday, July 5, 2014

Day 186 The Normal Heart and Sky High


I was trying (Lynn) to find something to watch while I continued to work on the scarf I am trying to knit. I came across a movie "The Normal Heart". I had never heard of it. It is about the HIV-AIDS crisis in New York City between 1982 and 1985. The main character is Ned Weeks the gay founder of a HIV advocacy group. It was powerful! It was originally a play by Larry Kramer. I cannot tell you how moved I was by this movie. It is a shame that many people had to die before something was done to fund research on this deadly disease. It really makes you see how a group can be ignored just because people are small minded and afraid.

After a late night I was exhausted. Didn't been want to get out of bed at 8am! But we had plans for some fun this morning. We headed to Sky High Nashville with Brian, Ashlee and Bryson. Sky High is an indoor trampoline park. An absolute blast for sure! 

This is one of my favorite pictures. Bryson was jumping to josh into the foam pit. 


Josh was like a little kid! He's doing a front flip into the foam pit! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment