Monday, July 7, 2014

Day 188 1st Row by row block and new fried chicken

Beginning July 1st and going through September, the quilting community is having a row by row shop hop. I (Lynn) heard about it from my sister, Marian who heard about it from some of the vendors at our guild's quilt show. There are thousands of shops nationwide participating. What you do is go to the participating shops and pick up a "row" they have designed. Each shop's row must be based on a season. There is a website where you can view the stores by state and each store has a Facebook page. I have gone to two local stores and gotten a row and Taylor picked me up one (see day 184). Tonight I made my first row.


Still needs some embellishments but it is cute. 

Tonight I (Taylor)  managed to get josh to wash dishes AND make dinner :-) he made his usually fried chicken nuggets but this time he made them with a new recipe. He put almost 1/2 cup of Texas Pete hot sauce in the batter. Now if you know me you know I don't do hot stuff so he was terrified I wasn't going to like it. Thankfully you couldn't taste the hot sauce. Turns out he was supposed to put a full cup! I definitely don't think I would have enjoyed that chicken. I love that I have such a talented chef of a husband!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment