Sunday, July 20, 2014

Day 200 New Store Prep and Quilt Shops in Chattanooga


We've made it to the next milestone!! 200 days in the books, and only 165 left to go!

(Taylor) Today we cleaned, unpacked our pods, loaded up the store with a huge truck load of food and supplies, and much much more! Unfortunately, our open date got pushed back to Tuesday because of the gas company. We've got a lot of very sad customers (and team members including myself!) because of the delay. I've never had the opportunity to open up a store so it's definitely a differently experience. I can't wait to see what it looks like when everything is finished and we can open for business!

(Lynn) I spent the day visiting quilt shops in the Chattanooga area. The first one we visited was in Cleveland, which is just outside Chattanooga. It was a nice shop. There was a LOT of stuff in the shop. The second shop was in Ootelwah. This shop was in an old building that had been a pharmacy. Beautiful tin ceiling tiles. This shop was very traditional, which I'm not but the staff was so friendly. As we were driving to this shop, I saw a sign that said "Trespassers will be shot at. No questions asked." That was freaky to say the least. Then we visited four shops in Chattannoga. The first three were not very interesting. The fourth and last one we visited was called Spool. I wish I lived closer to this store. It is fabulous.


This is the entrance. The fabric was modern and bright. LOVE IT!  I will be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment