Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 191 Meeting baby Mallory and evening in Gatlinburg

Tonight Jess and I (Taylor) got to go meet the newest addition to our group :) we got to meet baby Mallory! Mom and baby are doing wonderfully and Mallory is absolutely adorable. She has a head full of dark brown hair and the longest lashes I've seen on a newborn. Dad is doing well too but just like mom, he's exhausted. I can't wait to get to spoil this sweet little girl! 

I also tried Josh's broccoli and cheese. Still not the biggest fan. It wasn't as bad as I remember but I may have to force myself to try broccoli many more times before I'll end up liking it.  

I don't know about you, but I (Lynn) tend to stay in my little area of town. I eat at the same places, shop at the same places and stay in my small "space". I am very fortunate to live 45 minutes from the Smoky Mountain National Park. It never occurred to me to go up after work. Tonight I did. I heard through social media that Gatlinburg was having local entertainers perform on the main drag on Thursday through Sunday all summer long. So after work, sister Marian and I went to Gatlinburg. Along the way we discussed places we plan to visit for more first. Once in town we parked, walked to our favorite Gatlinburg eatery, Benton's BBQ, and had dinner. Afterward we wandered the street enjoying blue grass music and clogging. We had the best time! The entertainers were amazing and we got to see one of my favorites, Emisunshine and the Rain. If you have never heard of them, you can find them on YouTube and ITunes. Such talent.


No comments:

Post a Comment