Saturday, July 12, 2014

Day 192 New Author and no social media

Today i(Lynn) started and finished a book by a new author. The way I found out about the book happened in a different way. I am a member of the website Goodreads. If you are a reader you need to join. It allows you to keep a list of the books you read. You can also be friends with people you know and authors you like. You get to see what your friends are reading, hear about new releases, read reviews and they have discussions with writers. A woman I know from the gym sent me a message on Goodreads and recommended I read the latest book by a writer from East Tennessee. I downloaded the book from Amazon because I feel strongly about supporting local artist especially when they are just starting out. The book is a romance and seems to be written for college age people. I did not think I would enjoy it but was determined to read it. I LOVED IT!!!   It is about a 22 year old senior in college who hates the military because her father died while serving in the army before she was born. This was not a sappy love story though. It is beautifully written and has a great story line. Taylor, I believe you would love this book. Here is the cover. Read this book. 


It definitely looks like something I (Taylor) would enjoy! My first today was VERY difficult for me. I have a horrible habit of being totally addicted to social media. I go on FB, twitter and Instagram all the time. Sometimes without even realizing I'm doing so. I saw a video last night abou putting your phone down and being a part of the world again. So I tried it today. I didn't enjoy that break at all! Definitely glad to over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment