Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Day 203 Email change and National Guard award

Since email has existed, and yes I have been around long enough to remember not having it, my email identifier at work says Sykes, Carolyn (Lynn Sykes). I have never gone by Carolyn and I don't like to be called Carolyn. For years I have put up with people not paying attention to my signature on my email and calling me Carolyn. I finally decided to do something about it. I set the wheels in motion to have the Carolyn taken off my email. You would think it would be easy, but not so. First I talked to out OIT department. They sent me to HR. They fixed something and said I now needed to contact the system wide OIT. They sent me to Payroll. That person had left already. So first thing tomorrow I will finish this task. No more Carolyn.

I've (Taylor) built a great relationship with a local NG recruiter. He and I have done a lot for each other. Well today he surprised me with this awesome NG leadership award. I can't even describe how much it touched my heart that he thought of me for this! To make it even better my boss called me and was very proud of me. He even said we could hang the award up at the store! 


No comments:

Post a Comment