Sunday, March 30, 2014

Day 87 Fantasy of Trees and Back Bends


My first today (Lynn) was applying to do a tree at the Fantasy of Trees. What you ask is the Fantasy of Trees? It is a fund raiser for the Children's Hospital here in Knoxville. Every year on Thanksgiving weekend local designers decorate Christmas trees that are sold to local businesses. The event is special to me. It has always been the way I kick off the holidays. They always have a kids area and my kids and I have spent hours making cookies, ornaments and other holiday decorations. I never feel like it is holiday if I miss it. I thought it would be fun to decorate a tree. I found out you had to apply. I got my application today so I filled it out and put it back in the mail. I won't find out for awhile if I get to do a tree. So keep your fingers crossed.

Today, I (Taylor) was really stuck on what to do. So I took it back to my childhood. I decided to do a back bend/bridge. Not on of those where you're standing and you fall backwards. The kind where you  start on your back and do a bridge up from there. Needless to say, I'm not as flexible or "fit" as I was when I was younger. I didn't stay up long because I started to get a cramp. How sad is that? Oh well. That's what happens when you age. 

No comments:

Post a Comment