Saturday, March 15, 2014

Day 73 Bald in the Boro and Billy Joel

Today I had a work event at a fundraiser for childhood cancer. The Beehive Salon hosted (at a local bowling alley) St. Baldricks Bald in the Boro. Shavees (as they were called) raised money and got donations an shaved their heads. There were oddly enough a lot of women than shaved their heads at the event. It was pretty awesome getting to see but I definitely don't have the guts to shave my head!


Billy Joel has been my favorite singer since 1978 when I discovered his music. When Taylor told me he was coming to Nashville I knew I had to be there. We were worried that our third level seats would be horrible but they turned out great. We were right beside the stage and being high did not matter because of the big screen. I spent the first ten years of my work life in the concert business. Since then I have attended tons of concerts. I can hands down say, Billy's concert was the best EVER! I actually cried when he sang "New York State of Mind". I loved that the first hour he sang songs from his early albums that did not chart. He was funny, his voice was strong and his fingering was amazing. It was a fabulous evening with Mr. Joel.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous first! I would love to see Billy Joel. Maybe someday!!

    ReplyDelete