Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 79 Hollis Chatelain and Mug Cake

Today I was fortunate to take a class today with quilt artist Hollis Chatelain. You should check out her website hollisart.com. Her work is amazing. I saw some of her work at the quilt museum in Paducah a few years ago, so when I saw she was coming to teach at A Mountain Quiltfest, I knew I had to take a class from her. The class I took was about learning how to quilt your quilt. We were told to bring a quilt top and the class would discuss ways to quilt it. It was a great class and I learned a lot. But the best part of the class was when she pulled out her award winning quilts and we could see them up close. You will have to go to her website to see pictures. She does not allow cameras in her classroom.

Tonight I (taylor obviously) decided I wanted chocolate. I have seen tons of mug cakes and cookies before but we never had all of the ingredients to make any. But tonight we did! I made a peanut butter chocolate chunk cake. The top was really yummy. Gooey and moist. But I think that's where all the chocolate chunks were. Once you got past that it was awful. Dry and tasteless. Here are some pics. 

The ingredients and my mug (ignore the soap, protein powder and kcups). Pretty easy. 

This is the finished product. Looks decent right? Not so much though. I was missing hot fudge syrup and a PB moose topping thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment