Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 81 Blue Jean quilt and Pickers Creek

Today was my second class with quilt artist Hollis Chatelain. We took blue jeans and made an art quilt. It was a lot of fun and she is such a wonderful teacher. Here is the start of the quilt:


and here is the quilt almost finished.


The technique is easy. I am looking forward to experimenting with it some more.

Tonight Josh and I headed to Lewisburg for a birthday party for Laura. We went to this adorable little winery called Pickers Creek Winery. It's nothing like Arrington that we've been to a few times before. I've definitely discovered that I'm a dessert wine kind of girl. I'm not the biggest fan of much else. But Happy Birthday Laura!! 

One of my favorite parts of the winery was the porch swing. I LOVE porch swings!


A beautiful setting, great wine, and wonderful people. 

And if you know my husband, you know this is totally him. 




No comments:

Post a Comment