Saturday, March 1, 2014

Day 60 copycat meals and Medal of Honor Quilt

Today has turned into a very lazy day for me (Taylor). It started off with breakfast at one of my local favorites: Goodness Gracious. They're moving locations to about half an hour away this month so I wanted to go one more time before they did. After breakfast and picking up my car from the dealership (baby needed an oil change) I headed back home. Napped on and off for a while. We were planning on grilled but josh ended up eating with his brother. So I opted to eat my leftovers. So breakfast and dinner were the exact same meal today.

I (lLynn) was not lazy today. I did 2 loads of laundry for my friend, Carol and then 3 of my own. I made nine quilt blocks toward a new quilt I am working on. My first today was finishing the Medal of Honor quilt that my art quilt group made together. It's my first time doing a joint effort like that. Some history. The Medal of Honor convention is being held in Knoxville in September. My quilt guild along with several other people are making a quilt for each living recipient of the Medal of Honor. The quilts will be presented to them at the convention. My art quilt group decided we would make one. I made some blocks along with everyone else, we all worked to sew them together. Jan quilted it. I did the binding and the hanging sleeve. I think it is beautiful.


I also made one of my own but of course I forgot to get a picture. The quilts that have been finished by May will hang at our Quilt Show on May 23-25. If you are in the Maryville, Tennessee area stop by Maryville College and see the show. I promise you will see some incredible quilts.

BTW- Taylor you were correct in your answer, it was onion rings. You have made me so proud!


No comments:

Post a Comment