Sunday, January 5, 2014

Days 4 & 5 - hot tea, Miller's Grocery, Sunday paper & WW magazine

Well, it's starting to get cold here in Tennessee. Lets hope it's not too bad in the morning when we head off to work!

Day 4 consisted of Mom making hot tea from loose tea leaves. Pretty cool huh? I didn't even know something like that existed! Mom said it was very enjoyable. I foresee that happening again! Here is a picture.


Day 4 for myself included a trip to a little cafe type eatery about 20 minutes up the road. It's called Miller's Grocery. I've always heard it was good, but never knew where it was and never really thought about it when deciding on a dinner location. Let me tell you, if you're in the area looking for some country cooking - hit up Miller's! Soooo Good! A must try for the family. They even have live music normally on Friday and Saturday nights. Here's my meal. 


Day 5 (today) included the following: 

Mom read the entire Sunday paper from front to back. She said it took her about 2+ hours. She read every single ad, article, picture, etc. I'll say this .. She is a very disciplined and dedicated woman! I don't know that I could make that happen! 



I took a page from Mom's book, and read a Weight Watchers magazine front to back. Thankfully it didn't take me more than 2 hours! 



Side note - I saw Saving Mr. Banks today with one of my best friends. Wonderful movie! BUT if you have a sick child under the age of 7, don't take them to a crowded movie and talk to them the entire time. It ruins the movie for those around you! 

We hope you've enjoyed the weekend and stay warm! 


No comments:

Post a Comment