Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 20 - library book note and Kickstarter

I have really enjoyed my MLK day off from work. My Stitch and Bitch group came over for a day of good food and fellowship. There are six of us that have formed a tight group and the creativity is out of this world. We had someone beading, one teaching another English paper piecing, one hand quilting, a needle felter and I was embroidering on a quilt top. 


This was what Gina needle felted. Isn't she cute? She is Gina and Nancy's dog Morgan and she even has some Morgan hair in her. My first today was a small one. I put a note in my library book before I dropped it off at the library.


I have not talked to Taylor so she will have to let you know what she did today.

Taylor here - my MLK day wasn't as exciting as mom's. I had to work and with everyone else off, of course we were slammed. I also had an event at work where we granted some Christmas wishes of our Facebook followers. (Yes, we realize it's almost a month after the holiday). 

I struggled today to come up with what to do because I didn't have much time to think about it. So late at night laying in bed I decided I would explore some social media apps. I have heard of Kickstarter but I haven't ever pledged to a cause. Kickstarter is a site where musicians and artists of all kinds can go to get pledges of money from others. They'll agree to give back something to you if they're project gets enough money to "kickstart." Usually they'll break down their giveback in different levels of pledges. A little confusing, I know. But it makes sense when you discover the site. So I downloaded the app to my phone to explore who I want to pledge money to in the near future (maybe a first for that day?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment