Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 1 - Welcoming in 2014

Happy New Year!

Taylor here - the daughter.

2013 brought lots of adventure to our lives (both good and bad), and we wanted to start a new adventure in 2014 together.

Mom and I have decided to try something brand new (or something that we haven't done in the last 10 years) every day for the next year. Mom heard about and read a book by Lu Ann Cahn that inspired our adventure. The book is titled I Dare Me. Our firsts can include anything from hot air balloon rides to zip lining to eating chocolate for every meal. The sky is the limit!

So today is January 1, 2014, which marks day 1 of our "firsts."

My first was partaking in the traditional (well part of it) New Years good luck meal. I've never had black eyed peas. So that's what I did. I stopped by the store last night after work and picked up what I'm assuming was the last can. No way I was spending hours soaking beans that I might not like!

My experience - They weren't awful, but they sure won't be on my list of favorite foods any time soon, if ever.

Mom's first was journaling. Josh (my husband) and I bought Mom a leather bound journal for Christmas. She's been a big fan of wanting to journal and I can remember her writing down significant things that happened throughout the day there for a while (not sure if that still happens or not). So she started journaling today.

I must say, I'm very excited to see where this year leads us and what kind of adventures we can get into together.


Here's to 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment