Monday, June 30, 2014

Day 181 Happy Birthday Mom!! 55 and a diner

Today's first for me was turning 55. I cannot believe I am 55. It just seems like yesterday that I graduated from college. Most days I still feel 21. The great part about being this age though is the freedom. I no longer have babies to take care of so I can be selfish and play. I can do what I want, when I want. So I'll trade grey hairs, painful joints and low metabolism for the ability to indulge in travel, quilting, learning new things and doing what I want.

I (Taylor) have this week off from work so I came in town this morning to spend some time with Mom and Aunt Mary. After visiting my grandfather in Maryville, we stopped for dinner at this 50s inspired diner. 

Here is a shot of the decor.  


I had virginia ham, carrots and mac and cheese. It wasn't bad but it wasn't my favorite meal. I definitely wouldn't get the carrots again. They say they're candied and they definitely weren't. The mac and cheese was pretty good (not nearly as good as yesterday's grill mac and cheese). All in all it was a fun day getting to spend the day with momma for her birthday. 

And by the way - my (Taylor) body is killing me today! Not sure if it's from getting thrown out of the boat or what. But my legs and butt feel like I did 1000 squats yesterday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment