Monday, June 23, 2014

Day 173 Jersey Boys movie and small town church

Today some friends and I went to see Jersey Boys, the movie. I wondered how it would compare to the Broadway play. Before the movie started, a commercial came on for bladder control medicine. Apparently there is an app that tells you when it is a good time to go to the bathroom during the movie. The entire theatre broke out in laughter. The movie was great. It followed the play pretty closely. The music was great. I had read before I went that like Hitchcock director Clint Eastwood has a cameo in the movie. I was watching so carefully so I would not miss it. Turns out it was easy to spot. Very clever the way he made his cameo. I don't want to spoil it. See the movie.

So the entire 2 weeks Josh was at AT in Mississippi, we were expecting him to be home today. Well being the sneaky man he is, he actually surprised me and came home yesterday. I won't go into the details of the surprise, but we'll just say he was lucky I didn't have a gun around me at the time. Anyway. He still had to report for drill in Waynesboro today, so I ended up going down with him and while he was at drill I went to church with his Mom, Dad, and Aunt. I even went to Sunday school! It was definitely a new adventure. The only small town church I had been to was with Jessica and that was a few years ago, and we didn't go to Sunday school. We had a fun day and I'm more than glad to have my love back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment