Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Day 175 Exempt Staff Council and frozen grapes

I was nominated and then elected to serve on the Exempt Staff Council at work (Lynn). Today was our first meeting. In the past I have served on other employee advisary boards. I enjoyed them and it was nice meeting people from around campus. It will probably be interesting and new people to meet. Today's meeting did have an interesting guest. A guy from the theatre department. We are so lucky at UT to have such a wonderful theatre department. We learned that last year and this year the department is participating in a program that offers closed captioning for one performance during each play they do. It opens up theatre to the deaf and hard of hearing community. 

I (Taylor) have heard many people talk about their love of frozen grapes. I bought some grapes and didn't want them to go bad so I bagged some up and put them in the freezer to try. Well, I wasn't the biggest fan. I'm a bit of a texture freak when it comes to food. I could handle the frozen inside but the peel was disgusting to me! I may give it another go and see if I can eat them without that part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment