Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day 158 Yarn Crawl and Tofu Shirataki Noodles

Today was another day of Yarn Crawling. We went to two shops. We had been to the Cookeville store and it is a great store. We stopped by and picked Mom up first so she could spend the day with us. We were disappointed in the Cookeville store. But we had a great lunch and then found out there was a Hancock Fabric store in Cookeville so we did some fabric shopping. It was a fun day. Very disappointed there is no Triple Crown winner.

The plan today was to go to Jessica's parent's house for decoration after I got off work. (If you don't know what decoration is, from what I understand, it's basically where the family gets together and goes to the gravesite of relatives and decorates them with flowers) A little miscommunication turned into me not going up there after all, which I'm sad about. I was too exhausted to drive by myself to her parent's house so that left me with no first for the day. After a 5 hour "nap" I realized I was starving. I debated on going out to get something, but then I remembered that I had some shirataki noodles in the fridge that I bought a long time ago. So I cooked up some shrimp and crab, some alfredo and made the noodles. It was actually pretty good. The noodles didn't really have a taste other than the alfredo sauce. I was pretty pleased with the dinner choice.

Oh! And I signed up for the Mboro Middle Half again! But this time I signed up by myself. I have a big problem with crowds so I'm definitely going to be nervous come race day. And to have to get rid of the mental block of doing 13.1 miles by myself is going to be hard too. Last time I did a 1/2 marathon, Mom was there coaching me on the entire way. We'll see how it goes it October!

No comments:

Post a Comment