Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Day 98 jewelry cleaner and paddle boat ride

So I'm (Taylor) pretty sure I've never had my diamond stud earrings cleaned since josh bought them for me for my birthday in 2010. That inspired my first for the day. My earrings stunk. Like for real. So I gave them a bath along with my wedding set and another ring I have. The mixture wa 1tbsp of both salt and baking powder, 1tsp dish detergent, and 1 cup hot water.  You fold up a piece of aluminum foil and put it in the bottom of a bowl. Put the baking soda, dish detergent and salt on the aluminum foil an then add the hot water. You put your jewelry in the mix for 10 minutes and then scrub with a toothbrush and dry off and you're done! My wedding set isn't as sparkling beautiful as it gets at the jewlers but the earrings and my other ring are gorgeous!  


I (Lynn) had quite the adventure today.  On our schedule today was a ride on a steam driven paddle boat. Sounds wonderful doesn't it. It started out that way. It was overcast and a little chilly but we got on board and found great seats on the side of the boat with the best view of the tour. Karen went and got us hurricanes and the boat took off. Our two and half hour adventure began. Fifteen minutes into our journey, the rain started. The rain was quickly following by thunder, then lightening and then hail. Everyone ran for cover. There was not a lot of cover however. Mom and Gladys found cover in the bar but Karen was freaked out by so many people in such a small area so she and I hung out on the front of the boat under cover, but in the cold wind. It was scary to say the least. We finally pulled back up to the dock just as the sun broke through the clouds. Not an adventure I hope to have again.


No comments:

Post a Comment