Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 103 Go with the flow and frog legs

The only thing I (Lynn) had to accomplish today was processing the huge stack of quilt show entries that arrived at the house while I was in New Orleans. We were in a mild panic that we only had 138 quilts in the show. Our website was hacked so it was down the week entries were due. We extended the deadline to help us get to our magic number of 200 quilts. When I got home Saturday there was lots of mail. I opened it all Saturday night. Sunday I needed to take the 59 entries, scan them into my email, then convert that email to a PDF document, then send that document to the five members of the entry committee. My first obstacle - there was an event at my work building. We had to talk our way into the parking garage. We accomplished that. Then we walked into my office and found the IT guys had my computer. So we scanned the forms and headed to Marian's office and used her computer to access my email. It took about four hours to process these entries and get them sent to everyone. It was a day of thinking on my feet and I never panicked or got upset. I just kept on keeping on. Thinking on my feet and getting the job done. 

Today I was able to get josh up to go to church wth me this morning. We normally go to lunch after church and this time we went to a buffet with about 13 people. Josh had a huge plate full of fried frog legs. So I tried them. It wasn't awful but definitely very tough to eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment