Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 106 Art Quilter praised my work and being sick


Tonight was FAC @ FAB. That is my Fiber Art Chick meeting at the Fiber Arts Blount office. Once a month a few of us from my Quilt Guild gather to talk art quilts, which we love. We try new methods, and we have taken on a project. Every other month one member pick a word and we make a 12 x 12 inch quilt that is inspired by that word. One member of our group is the "pro". She started the group and has won ribbons on her quilts. She is our mentor. When we show our quilts, she always skips over mine and praises everyone else's. Tonight she really likes my quilt inspired by flower. These are my five. The flower quilt is the last one. So my first today was having her like one of my quilts.

So being sick isn't anything new for me. But missing 3 days of work is. I've been I'll since Sunday night and even went to the doctor Tuesday but was told I only had a cold. I didn't believe it. But not being able to go to work for a number of days just doesn't happen to me. Now granted I've only been working for about 10 years, but still being out that long is not usual or fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment