Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Day 97 Final Four and Rosie the Riveter

So today, I (Taylor) am using my husband as my first. I fought this hard but josh went to the final four (men's) in Dallas this morning. He left at 5am to drive 10 hours by himself to go watch his beloved Cats in the game. So my first you ask? Getting to watch my husband take off and do something that has been on his bucket list for a while. Is that a cop out? 

One of the greatest thing about traveling with senior citizens is hearing their stories. Gladys, a close friend of my Mom's, was telling me about how she met her first husband. After high school she did not want to head north to find work because she hates the cold. There were no jobs in her hometown of Crossville so she took off for Florida and warm weather. She found a job welding on ships on the Panhandle. She was a Rosie the Riveter! She meet her husband on the ship where he also worked. She is 89 years old and still gets around and is smart as a whip. She travels as much as she can and has been to 49 states. I had the best time talking to her all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment