Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Day 119 Special Olympics and decorating Bookstore

Tonight we (work and I, Taylor) had some very special visitors. We had 2 athletes who are competing in the special olympics come to sign some autographs and take pictures with our guests. This was the first time I had ever sat and spoken with a special olympic athlete and talked about their events. It was a very humbling experience. 

My first today was not nearly as cool as Taylor's. A few days ago Jennifer Chiaverini, an author who writes quilt based books, posted a question on Facebook..."Should I schedule a book signing in Knoxville while I am there in May?" I responded yes and suggested she contact a local bookstore, Union Avenue Books. She did and announced she would be there on May 22. (I am not sure my suggestion had anything to do with her choice, but I decided to tell myself she took my advice.) I contacted the bookstore on Monday asking if I could bring by a poster advertising my guild's quilt show which starts the next day and offering to bring some quilts for them to use as decoration. They took me up on my offer so today I took the poster and quilts by today. I hope no one steals them or ruins them.

No comments:

Post a Comment