Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day 101 inspirations and plantation

I've never been told that I'm (Taylor) an inspiration to anyone. Let alone to inspire someone to do something I've done. Well that happened today. One of my very best friends (pooks/Jess) has an older sister that I've had the pleasure of knowing since 2005. Today, I found out she was inspired by my post a while back when I donated my hair and she went and did the same! How cool! 

That is cool. My first today was visiting a sugar cane plantation. I guess I thought all southern plantation were cotton plantations. I learned that most Louisiana plantations were sugar cane growers. I also learned that after Jefferson made the Louisiana purchase he would not allow them to become a state until they learned English since they all spoke French. I also learned that women loved hooped skirts. It allowed the breeze to come up under their skirts and cool them off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment