Thursday, October 30, 2014

Day 302 Voting and Santa

Voting is a regular thing for me. I take my ability to vote very seriously. Taylor will tell you I preach voting to everyone. When the kids were young, I would take them with me. I feel it is our duty as citizens to vote. I always vote because of the people running. This time I voted because of the amendments. Tennessee is a red state and I am very much a blue state person so the people I vote for seldom win. I do vote republican, if I think the person will be a responsible representative and not just vote party lines. This election we are voting for governor and one senator. Both incumbents are running and I am sure they will win easily.  But there are four amendments on the ballot. Amendment one is especially important. If it passes, abortion clinic will become so regulated they will not be viable. Tennessee will basically outlaw a woman's right to control her own medical decisions. I went to vote today to vote no. I did not care about voting for anyone or anything else. I voted on everything but I went for the amendment. The advocates for voting against amendment one are urging their supporters to not vote for governor. There is a loophole in the constitution that says an amendment has to have a certain percentage of the votes cast for the governor to pass. I do think it would be funny if the amendment passed but their incumbent governor lost because they did not vote for him. Would be even better if the amendment and the governor were defeated. 

I would definitely say my momma has always made it known she's an advocate for your voting right. 

Today I booked a brand new Santa for our store. When I started with CFA they'd been using the same Santa for a number of years. That guy retired at the end of last season so I was on a mad hunt for a new one. Well today, I officially booked a new Santa :)



No comments:

Post a Comment