Friday, October 24, 2014

Day 296 Homeless and new schedule form

The University offers free classes for employees. A new thing they have started are lunchtime talks. I signed up for one about homelessness. I am always uncomfortable when I meet a homeless person. I don't know whether I should give them money or just walk away. One of our university police officers gave the talk. It was very informative. First - don't give them money. It encourages panhandling. Second - Knoxville has excellent services for the homeless. So good in fact that other cities buy their homeless bus tickets to Knoxville. He suggested we buy them food or just direct them to our shelters. I am so glad I went and learned more about the homeless.

Another scheduling post... Indeed. It is my life lately. Well I was taught a new way to do the schedule that will hopefully make the process even faster. That's about all I'll say about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment