Friday, October 10, 2014

Day 283 University Women's Club and Apple Chai Tea

The University where I work has a club for the salaried women and faculty. Since I am now salaried, I was invited to join. I was hesitant because I am so uncomftable around people I don't know but in the spirit of my year of firsts, I decided to join. Today was my first lunch meeting. The speaker was our new basketball coach's wife. It was a nice lunch and I made a point to talk to everyone at my table. This year has certainly pushed me to go outside my comfort zone on many occasions.

Today a coworker made a Starbucks trip and I ordered my usual fall drink - pumpkin spiced latte. Another coworker got an apple chai tea. I've never had chai tea but I was very intrigued when she said it tasted like apple cider. That was seriously the best drink I've ever had. That will be my new staple drink and the best part is that it's cheaper than drinks I normally get! 

No comments:

Post a Comment