Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day 140 Quilt guarding and hiding in an army "box"

Quilt show - day 2. Today was the first day of judging. I do not like to watch the judging of my quilts. I find all things I make very personal. Hearing someone talk about my quilts makes me so uncomfortable. I agreed to read the names of the quilts but when I got there they really needed someone to sit in the holding room and guard the quilts not being judged. So that is what I did. I got some reading done, had some nice long conversations with people I did not know very well and refilled a lot of quilts. It was a nice day. I am not a big talker but it was nice to learn more about these women I only see once a month. So my first today was guarding the quilts. 

My (Taylor) first today is a very odd and off the wall one. Josh unloaded his truck tonight from his drill weekend and I notice this large brown rectangular bag. It's a pretty stiff bag and seems pretty sturdy. After asking him what it was he causally mentioned they stuck a guy in it this weekend. Challenge accepted!! I wanted to get him. Unfortunately I'm a woman with hips and weigh a bit more than this skinny soldier did. So although I fit inside I couldn't get zipped up in it. Weird, yes. I know 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment