Friday, May 9, 2014

Day 129 quilts done and sleep



A couple of years ago ( yes I said a couple) Taylor's best friend, Jessica ask me for a favor. Her Grandfather passed away and she wanted me to take his clothes and make some quilts for her, her Mother and other members of her family including her sister. It took a little while to decide on patterns. Her Mother and sister picked a tradition nine patch while Jess picked a pattern with a more modern feel. Jess is using hers as a wall hanging. Just as we settled on patterns we jumped into the middle on a huge house renovation so a year passed before we could unpack our sewing machines and get started. Marian and I both cut up shirts then Marian took that and cut our fabric into the sizes we needed. (We had to draw out the patterns, too.)  We used the pants as the binding. A special pair of pants we cut into hearts for the label. This is the first time I had taken on a project of this magnitude. We made 7 quilts in all. Here they are. (Jess's is above.)

The label: 


So in love with these quilts and I (Taylor) haven't even seen them in person. 

I'm writing this on Saturday... My first yesterday was how I slept. I've spent nights asleep on our couch before but last night I literally slept the entire time (from about 9:30-4:30) without waking up once. All while josh was up and down the entire time and while he plaed halo. Now if you know him and how he plays he yells a lot. So that was a pretty impressive task for me. Wait until you see my first for day 130!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment