Saturday, May 24, 2014

Day 144 Small quilt sold and bad lifetime movies

Every year as part of our quilt show, guild member make small quilts to sell at the show. This helps pay for our charity work. I have made quilts in the past and a couple have been purchased by friends and family members. They were all priced under $20. This is the quilt I made this year.


The ladies in charge of small quilts priced my quilt at $60 which was way too high in my opinion.  The quilts were not selling so the women in charge asked to lower the prices. The practice in the past had been to put the quilts on sale on Sunday. The committee had voted not to do this anymore because many members found it insulting. My co-chair and I agreed to the drop in price as long as the prices were changed completely. They could not just mark through the original price.  We agreed because we felt the prices were too high to start with. The point to this long story is that before they could get back and reprice mine, it was sold for $60. I was shocked. And it was not anyone I knew. What a pleasant surprise.

Today was a day that I had planned to surprise josh by taking him to the reinassance festival we have here every year. Now I say surprise because I know he wouldn't agree to go if I asked him so I was going to have to drag him there without him knowing where we were going. Well a change of plans happened so I spent the day watching horrible lifetime movies. Both of which were about missing teens. Horrible I tell you. But they were like train wrecks. You just couldn't look away!


No comments:

Post a Comment