Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Day 133 Celebrity sighting and humvee ride

Tonight I went to Jazz on Market Square. (Lynn)  I have always enjoyed going and tonight they had a surprise opening act...a local middle school jazz band. They were wonderful! Such talent. While the main act was on jazz legend, Donald Brown showed up. I was thrilled. Of course, I knew he lived here. He teaches jazz piano at UTK but in all the years he had lived here I have never seen him. It made the night special. I never run into celebrities, ever. But tonight I did. Awesome first.

I must say, I'm pretty pumped about my first. Still feeling sick I was not overly thrilled working a 12+ hour day. We had kids night and one of the vehicles we had at our touch a truck night was an army humvee. At the end of the event I asked my recruiter friend if I could just sit in it. And he said why don't you take a ride! Being married to an army nation guardsman you'd think I would have experience. But nope. First ride ever! It was the coolest thing!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment