Thursday, August 21, 2014

Day 233 Survey and Special Kids

Tonight while reading this wonderful book by Carolyn Jourdan called "Out on a Limb", my (Lynn) phone rang. It was someone doing a survey. It was a long survey about an amendment that is going to be on the November ballot. Apparently our state will be deciding if we need to amend our state constitution to make abortion harder to obtain and allow the government to decide what a woman should do with her body. I am sure it will pass. I live in the Bible Belt. I must confess sometimes I would like to leave these mountains I love and move to a place where more people believe like me. It is so frustrating to be surrounded by so many people who think you believe the same thing they do when you don't. I felt bad for the young man doing the survey. Each question was very wordy and difficult to understand. There will many people who don't vote on this issue because they won't understand what it says. 

This morning I had a meeting with a local organization called Special Kids. They're a non profit organization that helps families with children that need special therapy that a number of insurances don't pay for long term. It was a very humbling experience to get to see all of these amazing kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment