Monday, August 11, 2014

Day 223 Shark week

My son is a huge fan of Shark Week. He and I share a love of the ocean and he was lucky to spend some time living at the beach for a couple of years. He life guarded for a while and when we would visit, he would tell me there were sharks in the water. Maybe that is why he loves Shark week. I decided to see what it was all about. I just watched a couple of shows and I must confess, I was scared. My heart was beating fast. Those things are scary. I may have to sleep with the lights on. (I - Taylor - will second all of what mom said excluding the son part. Just switch that out with brother :) I too chose shark week as my first tonight thanks to mom's story of her being so scared!) 
   
I also want to talk about Robin Williams. He died today. They think he might have taken his own life because of depression. My first love in college was a huge Robin fan and introduced him to me. He is one of the few comics who can make me laugh out loud. Every time I saw his HBO special I would laugh so hard I would cry. Such a tragedy. Depression runs through my family. It is such a horrible disease. RIP Robin. You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment