Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Day 231 Creating and Guts

Tonight I (Lynn) had to create a 12" block. My fiber art group decided at our last meeting to make small quilts using a process called a round robin. The concept is that each person makes a center of a quilt and then we pass the blocks around between the members with each person adding a row. At the end the person who make the beginning block gets it back to finish. One member of our group donated some 2.5 inch strips of fabric and we all picked 5 strips by blindly reaching into a bag. We were required to use at least three of those strips. I added some hand dyed strips I had purchased from a friend who dyed it herself. When I sat down to sew, I had no idea what I would end up with but I like how it turned out.


So today was a big step for me. I won't shout it out to the world, but today what I did took a lot of guts for me. Hopefully this turns out well for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment