Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 - A Healthier and Happier Mom and Daughter - A new challenge

As you noticed, I (Taylor) fell off the face of the blog in November. Life got really tough, work got really tough and I just couldn't handle all of the pulls in different directions going on and still concentrate on doing something new every single day. I still did a few random things here and there but I obviously forgot to blog about them so I don't remember what they are. It has definitely been a hard year, but it's also been a year to be thankful for, and I can't lie and say I didn't grow from every "bad" thing that went on. 

As 2014 was coming to an end, Mom and I decided we didn't want to just stop our adventure, but we weren't sure how to continue our blog and what to challenge ourselves with in 2015. We both agreed to think on a new challenge while she was on her Christmas cruise. Mom came up with the idea to do at least 1 healthy thing every day in 2015. We both have complained immensely about our weight in 2014, so we've decided to do something about it this year. This is the kickstart to a healthy Mom and Daughter! 

To begin 2015 off with our new challenge, I decided to try a new breakfast item. I had hopes that Josh and I would go get breakfast somewhere when he got off work this morning, but the poor man is sick so he did't feel like doing much, understandably. So instead I dug through my freezer to find a few frozen options I've had sitting in there for a month or so. I opted to try these vitamin muffin tops. I threw them in the toaster and they were still pretty hard in the middle. So I popped them in the microwave after that. They were super soft and yummy smelling. The taste wasn't awful but when it began to cool it began to get hard again. Not really my favorite "healthy" breakfast option, but it was a start! 

I'll also be using a brand new planner that I stumbled upon right before Christmas to help me stay focused on this healthier me adventure. It's called an Erin Condren Life Planner. I'm really looking forward to being more organized and focused on this journey and seeing what 2015 brings for Mom and I as we embark on our next journey! 

Mom here. I spent most of the day creating a quilt. When we went out to dinner, I made the healthy choices of salad and baked potato instead of fries.



No comments:

Post a Comment